Friday, April 22, 2011

BREAK NECK BETTIES!!!!!

Last night was draft night. 11 of us were "draft eligible" but there were only 6 spots open between the 4 teams. I'm still nursing two hurt knees and a terrible cough, so I didn't go to FM practice last night. Instead, John, OSB, Lori, JJ and I all met at Kay's for a couple drinks. I think we showed up there about 7. I couldn't stop checking my phone, I wanted a call SO bad! You don't get one if you don't get drafted, so I decided if I didn't get one by 9, I'd have a shot and we'd head home. My phone rings at exactly 8:06pm. It was DV. My first thought before I answered it was, she's being nice, and calling to tell me they didn't take me. WRONG! She called to welcome me to the Betties! I started crying. I barely got out "thank you so much" between sobs, she asked if I was OK ~lol~ I was given so much information, and there's more to come! I was invited to the team dinner tonight, and my worries about my hurt knees were put to rest. She said me being injured is a concern of a few girls on the team but to take this time to heal and rest while I can, cause I won't have that time later. That right there, made me feel so much better.
Avalanche was also drafted to the Betties, which I think is just awesome. She's such a good person, and really rocks the red lipstick! What I didn't realize, is that while there were technically 6 spots open, only 4 girls were drafted. The Heathers took Effy, and GnR only took Tyger (LONG TIME COMING!!!!) even though they had 3 spots open.

I'm on cloud 9, grinning from ear to ear. I am genuinly proud of myself, and all the other fresh meat both recently drafted and still in the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment