Sunday, May 15, 2011

My first bout...ish

My uniform came in just in time for my first bout as a Bettie...unfortunately my knee did not cooperate. While I got to gear up and warm up on the track with the awesome ladies I'll now be spending a lot of time with, I was not rostered as I didn't have the time on skates with my team I needed. I won't lie...I was a little relieved as we were bouting against the High Rollers (currently holding on to the #1 spot) and I hadn't been on skates for 3 weeks. Avalanche (who was drafted from FM the same time I was) DID get rostered, which was SO exciting! *Teams are allowed to have up to 20 skaters on their rosters but bout rosters are capped at 16. So any given bout, 4 skaters will not be skating*
The Betties were amazing and skated with so much heart and passion. It was such an honor to be in uniform on that side of the hangar during a bout. Not in a yellow volunteer shirt. Not selling raffle tickets. Not coming in late fighting for a place to sit. I was(am) a Break Neck Bettie. It was amazing.
The final score: Betties 105/High Rollers 120.

So I AM back on my skates but I won't be doing any hitting or falling drills for another week or so.

Our next bout is the Season 6 Closing Scramble. June 3rd & 4th at The Hangar. With any luck at all, that will be 'real' first bout, on skates and rostered!
































~Nori Spekt

No comments:

Post a Comment