Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Derby update

It's really been almost a year since I've posted here? Well that's certainly about to change... So, it's now May, and a lot has happened for me in derby over the last year. I now skate with Cherry City Derby Girls in Salem, OR and I love it so much. I transferred down there in Jan and was drafted to the Thrill Kill Kittens in Feb. I have the most amazing, caring, lovable, determined team. It's so great leaving practice feeling really good about myself, or leaving a scrimmage not wanting to cry lol. I got bronchitis about a month ago, and tonight was my first practice back in about 3-4 weeks. It felt so good! We practiced jumping the apex (which I did and felt great about!!) and we were able to scrimmage so I jammed twice - which is super huge for me, as I have a serious mental block about jamming right now. Thank you anxiety. So our next bout is May 12th, against the Rydell Belles. I'm pretty excited about this one, they've got some really great hitters/blockers and it will for sure be a challenge...but we can totally walk away with a win <3

No comments:

Post a Comment